Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pick a This I Believe essay/podcast from the archives, listen to it and post the following on your blog:

1. A link to the essay
2. Author
3. Title
–4. One sentence of what the belief is
–5. 2 examples from the story that showed their belief
–6. 1 favorite passage

1.)http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11888509

2.)by Jeffrey Hollender

3.)Living in the Here and Now

4.) There is always an oppurtunity to change, but sometimes it takes a tragedy to realize it.

5.) Ex. 1 "I vowed to myself that I would honor my brother's death by being present in my own life."

Ex. 2 "The autopilot I'd been running on for god knows how long finally shut off."

6.) I often cry when I think about my brother. It's one of the few things I let myself cry about. I missed opportunities with him because I wasn't present — missed opportunities I will never have again. In some ways, he was almost always fully present. He didn't know any other way to be. I don't want to miss anymore of my life than I already have. By being present and conscious, aware and awake, I believe that I can honor my brother, just a little bit, every day.

No comments: