Monday, October 29, 2007

The Sea Inside Post 3

A scene I remember in particular were the ocean, and beach scenes. The camera/film technique was pediscle. This camera/film technique added a lot to the shot. I believe the director was just sending the message of beautiful scenery, and the shot just really showed how Ramon vividly remembers the beach/ocean. Another scene that I remember in particular was the the big sail boat scene. The camera/film technique was a long shot. This camera/film technique added distance to the scene. I believe the director was sending the message of how much Ramon misses the sea, and I believe that the sail boat was so far away because it represents how far away Ramon is from being back to normal. Another scene I remember was when both woman meet. The film/camera technique was at eye level. This added a different kind of view to the scene that I liked very much. I believe the director was sending the message that both woman are equal in importance because they saw at the same eye level. Another scene that I remember throughout the movie in particular is when they always do close ups when Ramon is laying in bed. I believe the director is sending the message that Ramon is a very important character in the movie. Another Scene I remember vividly was when Ramon is talking to Julia in the bed. The camera/film technique was a medium close up the whole time when they are talking, and then when they kiss it switches to eye level. I believe the director did this to give the audience a better view when they kiss, and to show that this is a important part in the movie. Lastly a scene that I remember very well was when Ramon goes away in the truck in the end of the movie. Javier runs after the truck, and the camera/film technique was a long shot. I believe the director did this to make it seem more realistic, and he did this to symbolize the final good bye between Ramon and his family.

No comments: