Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Outside Reading: Week 2- Chris Palm

The second section of my book was once again very ineresting, and grabbed the reader's attention. This section of the book was about Terrell Owen's first game in the N.F.L. with the San Fransico Forty Niner's, and how he made a name for himself in his first game. Terrell describes to the reader that he play's football to support his family, and why he works so hard. Owen's describes how he wants to make it big with the San Fransico Forty Niner's to repay his mom and his grandmother for all the things they did for him while he was growing up. Later in the section Terrell tell's the reader how hard it is to discover that his grandmother has Alzheimer's, and how hard it is for him to not be able to talk/pray with his grandma for the first time.

The 10 loaded words I found are: Screamed pg. 57- I believe this word is loaded because it describes someone's action in a different way. I believe the feeling of this word is frustrated, and dissapointed.

Veterans pg 58- I believe this word is loaded because it describes a football player's rank among the player's in a different way. I believe the feeling of this word is class act, and also seriousness.

Crucial pg 59- I believe this word is loaded because it describes a situation in a different way. I believe the feeling of this word is important, and very serious.

Respect pg 60- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how you treat someone, and it tell's the reader that there is alot of respect in football. I believe the feeling of this word is very important to to Terrell because if you disrespect someone you will get a bad reputation, and you will not get respect back.

Intensity pg 64- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how serious a situation is or how intense Terrell is as a football player. I believe the feeling of this word is the seriousness and passion Terrell has for football.

Interact pg 67- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how you hang out with your teammates. Also it's a different word for talking with people. I believe the feeling of this word is happy, and how you can communicate with people.

Shrunk pg 70- I belive this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how Terrell is feeling. I belive the feeling of this word is sad, and embarrassed because it describes how T.O. feel's after he fumbles the football in his first N.F.L. game.

Redemption pg 71- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how you can make up for a mistake or how you can get back at somebody. I believe the feeling of this word is determined to make up for a mistake.

Discretion pg 77- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how you think about making a decision. I believe the feeling of this word is seriousness, and how you judge things to come back, and make up for a mistake.

Frustration pg 86- I believe this word is loaded because it describes in a different way how someone is truly feeling. I believe the feeling of this word is dissapointed, and upset. This word describes Owen's when he learns that his grandmother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

No comments: